Google+

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Reginette with Peas & Pesto


There's nothing like a brand new pasta shape to brighten one's day.

This dish uses Reginette, a ruffled-edged flat pasta that is like mini lasagna ribbons. Still too hot to really want to cook anything, I started preparing this dish at 8pm when the sun had already gone down. I cooked the reginette for 8 minutes and tossed the fresh English peas in for the boiling water for the last 3 minutes. Drained. Added a lowfat (ha!) premade pesto sauce, and topped with feta and pine nuts.

Like that lovely Scrambled Eggs with Peas, Green Garlic, and Chives, there's nothing I like more than a fresh and satisfying simple dish that takes only minutes to prepare.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look of those reginettes! Where did you find them?

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine - this sounds like a great dish - easy to prepare, but full of taste and colour. I concur... there is a novelty in getting new pasta shapes. :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Really a great sounding dish. Lots of flavor.
(Peas and pasta! Yeah, me too, over chez Cookie.)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Jacqueline Meldrum said...

That looks delicious! Could you come around and make some for me tonight (i'm bushed after yoga). Oh, I'll have extra feta on mine please! And alas that extra cheese is my downfall!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great, and what a perfect spring/summer dish! What a fun little pasta - I have never seen it...gotta keep an eye out.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I honestly can't remember where I got this pasta. May have been our local Italian deli, Ferrari. I'll check and get back to you. They were fun to eat!

8:25 PM  
Blogger winedeb said...

This is an great on the run pasta!
I fixed it tonight, but only had screw pasta on hand, and it was wonderful, flavorful and soooo easy! Come up with some more of these Catherine. I paired it with a French White Wine - Abymes, Vin De Savoie- which is a very refreshing wine from the region of France that is on the lower slopes of the Alps. I will leave it at that for ya. Delicious!

4:31 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

That looks so good.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home