Google+

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Scrambled Eggs with Peas, Green Garlic, & Chives



Here's a very simple and delicious seasonal recipe. Scrambled eggs with sauted green garlic, fresh English Peas, and chopped chives, topped with a sliver of Humboldt Fog cheese and sprinkled with pine nuts. I can't tell you what a satisfying supper dish this was.

Inspired by Cookie crumb's pea and egg combo suggestion, but not being a big fan of egg white, I thought about a frittata but was too hungry to wait.

So, I made this dish for one by melting a tsp of Kerrygold butter in a pan and adding the chopped green garlic for about 4 minutes. I added the podded peas and sauted for an additional 4 minutes then added about 1-2 tbsp water and cooked the peas and garlic until the water evaporated and tenderized the peas. I beat two eggs with a little milk, salt and pepper, and added this to the peas and garlic and stirred until the eggs were formed but still a little moist. Topped with a sliver of Humboldt Fog, snipped chives and a few pine nuts and went to heaven.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna Haight said...

Oh this really looks good! Would make a great start to the day as well!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

The chives are up in my herb garden -- always the first thing to appear each Spring -- so this will be a perfect recipe to try. Thanks!

2:56 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

you're really making me hungry with this one!

11:55 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I keep trying to leave a comment; finally today I think I'm in.
Hey! Neat! I'm so flattered you remember my silly peas and eggs. Looks beautiful.
I cooked scrambled eggs on the new electric stovetop this morning; it worked out OK. I won't have to slit my wrists.
(We ended up in a non-Eichler. Thanks for the advice on energy waste. This is more of a Fake-ler, or a Like-ler.)

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home