Google+

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pea Bean Bruschetta Calda on Olive Bread

Italian pea beans cooked with tomatoes, garlic, kalamata olives and capers over toasted olive sourdough bread. I mixed up the dish a bit with chopped cilantro, probably my favorite herb, but use Italian parsley or basil if you prefer.

Being a Brit, I like to think of this as Fancy Beans on Toast!

This is a variant on an earlier post Cannellini Beans in Tomato Olive Caper Sauce. I just can't get enough of this tasty low-fat combo.

Of course, feel free to drizzle olive oil as a finishing touch if you like! I heated the beans (thus the "calda"), but it works cold too.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice said...

This also looks delicious -- obviously, I am in the mood for brushcetta!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home