Google+

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Spring Vegetable Melange with Green Garlic



The rainy weather almost persuaded me to make a soup today, but I had all these lovely fresh baby vegetables and it seemed a shame to drown their prettiness. So I kept it amazing simple: melted some Kerrygold Irish butter in a sauce pan and added small cut potatoes and a green garlic cut into slices. Cooked covered until the potatoes started to get tender. Added the rest of the vegetables (baby radish, fresh English peas, baby carrots, precooked Brussel Sprouts, alba mushrooms) and another sliced green garlic and finished with a little champagne for sweetness. A pinch of sea salt and I was done.

I just love the mild flavor of green garlic. See the previous post for other green garlic ideas.

Happy Easter!

3 Comments:

Anonymous chris said...

I love green garlic! It's only recently become a part of my meals, and I feel like I've been missing out. Thanks for the beautiful recipes!

6:58 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Hi, My name is Edward and I work at Citizen Group in San Francisco. We saw you were interested in (Sustainability, Cooking, Education) and wanted to let you know about a great online event coming up with Alice Waters—America's foremost food visionary and health advocate.  She will be discussing her new book, “In the Green Kitchen” which shows simple, sustainable, and healthy cooking techniques that anyone can apply at home. She will also be discussing her edible schoolyard program that has been transforming schools with fresh food grown locally. The event is free and online, come and ask the author how you can improve the way you eat at home. Register here:
http://www.webex.com/go/waters_1021300
 
Best,
Edward Tang

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Clea Walford said...

Like Chris, I also love green garlic and am very happy that I have found your recipes!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home