Google+

Friday, January 01, 2010

Lydia's Kale Salad


Happy 2010 everyone!

I'm starting the new year on a vegan diet. My plan had been to avoid premade foods and focus on some new recipes. But, as Fate would have it, I broke my wrist ice skating the day after Christmas. Fortunately my left wrist, but I can't peel and chop vegetables, sort of basic to my style of cooking.

Thank goodness, this delicious organic raw kale salad is available at my local Whole Foods! A product of Lydia's Organics, a local business out of Fairfax, this kale salad has carrots, arame, sesame seeds and a delicious sesame ginger dressing. I'm hooked! It's one of those foods that makes you feel healthier by the mouthful. And it's a beautiful looking salad.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2010!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mother Rimmy said...

I'm sorry about your wrist! This salad looks delicious. Kale is such a nutrition powerhouse, I love it. Hope you are recovering quickly!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Beatrice said...

Ouch -- I hope you are feeling better soon.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Patrick said...

Hi, Catherine,

My name is Patrick, and just visited your blog where I found lots of great recipes, so I am writing to ask if I can have your permission to translate some of them into Chinese and post in our website, VegTomato, http://www.vegtomato.org/ , which is a non-commercial and non-profit website dedicated to advocate vegetarianism/veganism since May, 2004. All of writer and worker here are volunteers.

If permitted, we will link back to you and credit it to you along with the article.

Thank you for taking your time to read this mail and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Patrick Shih
VegTomato
http://www.vegtomato.org/

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Jean said...

This looks delicious. I'm always looking for new ways with raw kale. When I blog about a raw kale dish I invented about a year ago, I'll be sure to send it to you.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Amanda @contestformoms said...

I know this is an older post but I've been looking for ways to incorporate more kale in my diet. This looks great! Thank you!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home