Google+

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts & Blue Cheese


I've become completely addicted to roasted Brussels Sprouts this season!

Just trim, cut in half, place in a pan with olive oil and roast at 400 for 15 minutes, stirring regularly to keep them from sticking and burning.

The pine nuts and blue cheese crumbles made this a glorious Christmas side dish! Vegans - skip the cheese and add a little toasted sesame oil!

I've been roasting my Brussels Sprouts with shallots or garlic cloves too! And a touch of hard apple cider (the beverage not the vinegar) or white wine makes a pleasantly sweeter result.

Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Madison House Chef said...

Delicious! I can't wait to try these and add them to my list of brussels sprout favorites! If you like lemon, you might like this one: http://www.madisonhousechef.com/2009/12/another-delicious-way-to-eat-brussels-sprouts.html
Enjoy!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am addicted to the same brother.. I really like stuffed sprouts fried with Patan ghee. Ghee and Brussels Sprouts is the best combination we have ever had....

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sean Thomas McGill said...

Brussel sprouts are the kind of food I almost never buy on my own, but I swear at least three women (that I was obviously trying impress) went grocery shopping for me and brought me brussel sprouts which they expected me to cook for them. Now I finally have a good idea!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Sean,

Check out my current posting - Brussels on pizza! What's not to like?

Catherine

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home