Google+

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mushroom Pasta Salad with Parmesan


I couldn't resist the Chef's Sampler Pack of mushrooms on my last visit to Whole Foods and wanted a simple dish that really highlighted the delicious pioppini's and King Trumpet mushrooms. I also wanted a dish I could share in a picnic setting with others.

This very simple pasta salad with mushrooms and parmesan hit the mark!

I sauteed the mushrooms (cutting the larger Trumpets into slices) with olive oil, minced garlic and some very finely chopped fresh rosemary. The pasta was cooked al dente and I added a little of my best quality olive oil. Fleur de Sel salt and freshly ground Terricherry pepper and some microplaned Parmesan and the dish was complete and wonderful!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna Haight said...

Aren't mushrooms great!

7:04 AM  
Blogger missienelly said...

I can't live without shrooms! This is a great recipe!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Catherine! Sorry it's been so long. We had a BBQ a few weeks ago. I made shish kabobs and I used some fresh shittakes that I got at the farmer's market. I'm not used to fresh mushrooms very often besides the usual ones, and they were sooooo good! This is a good reminder to check for more this week.

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought that sample pack as well - your dish looks lovely! My favorite mushrooms are maitake but I very rarely find them.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home