Google+

Friday, October 17, 2008

Polenta Crostini


So, with our current hot Indian summer weather, I'm switching from soup to lighter fare. These crostini, made with polenta instead of bread, were a wonderfully light way to make the most of our transitional produce.

I made three versions: roasted beets with feta and chives, cherry tomatoes with mozzarella and lemony asparagus with goat cheese.

I loved the beet version. I roasted the beets in foil in the oven and their cool, freshness was delicious with the salty feta. The asparagus was parboiled in lemon water, then lightly topped with EVOO and lemon. I felt the goat cheese was a little light, next time I'd use feta.

Honestly, my favorite was the simplest: mozzarella with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil:

It was the perfect melding of flavors.

I made the polenta from scratch (my first time!), put it in a sheet pan to cool, cut, then sauteed it. I put the asparagus and tomato version under the broiler for a couple of minutes.

3 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

Looks so delicious!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Beatrice said...

Sort of like a polenta pizza... That's a great idea!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Catherine,

My name is Patrick, and I am running a website, VegTomato, http://www.vegtomato.org/, to advocate vegetarianism among Chinese community.
Just found your great blog, there are so many great recipes.
I am wondering if I can have your permission to translate them into Chinese and post in my website for sharing? Credit is your and I will link back to your blog.

SO, thanks for your reading this mail, and all the best to you.

Patric
VegTomato
http://www.vegtomato.org/

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home