Google+

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Potato-Horseradish Stuffed Cabbage Leaves with Potato Skin-Feta Chips


With the unseasonally hot, sunny days we've had this week, I have to admit I've been eating salads like a bunny. But, today, I spent 6 hours outside in our suddenly cold and intensely windy weather, so warm, comfort food was the dinner of choice.

I have to say, I've very proud of this super simple, tasty dish of Potato-Horseradish Stuffed Cabbage Leaves with Potato Skin-Feta Chips. It was delicious, pretty - a 15 minute gourmet meal.

I baked a potato in the microwave. I removed the insides of the potato and mashed it with sea salt, butter, and prepared horseradish. I boiled two savoy cabbage leaves in salty water until tender. I then removed the thick end of the stalk and wrapped the mashed potato in the cabbage leaves. I took the skin, brushed it with olive oil and sprinkled it with sea salt and put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Topped it with crumbled feta and broiled 2 more minutes. Topped the "chips" with snipped chives from the garden

Et voila! No silverware required and full of flavor.

1 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I always, always love your recipes (the photos alone are mouth-watering), but this one looks especially good!

I shall be trying it soon. Thank you!

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home