Google+

Friday, January 25, 2008

Scrambled Eggs with Leeks, Peas & Goat Cheese



One word best describes this simple supper of Scrambled Eggs with Leeks, Peas & Goat Cheese: tender.

Two baby leeks (a score from this week's farmers market), gently sauteed with butter and a shake of salt; peas (albeit from the freezer), boiled for 2 minutes, then turned off the heat and let them rest in the water for 2 minutes (perfecto!); two scrambled eggs with butter, a drip of half & half, salt & pepper, and finely crumbled goat cheese.

I make my scrambled eggs in my round-bottomed All Clad saucepan. I stir them constantly over low heat. They end up so perfectly tender and fine (no lumps).

This wonderful, fresh-tasting, light, high-protein and tender dish was the perfect late supper response to a dark and stormy night. Surely Spring is right around the corner...

2 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

You cook your eggs like that too?
XOXOX!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Cookie - I'm in good company, obviously! This is how my gran and mum cook them - the only way for me.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home