Google+

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Eating Out Week: Royal Thai


It's July already and it's my birthday this week, so I plan eat out a lot and make the most of it. The above is water with lemon verbena from the Cafe di Vino in Sausalito.

Dinner was take-out from Royal Thai in San Rafael. I'm guilty of always ordering the same thing when I go there, and still couldn't pass up their excellent vegetarian satay with cucumber salad and peanut sauce.

A first time order was this Vegetarian Po Piah ( "deep-fried rice paper stuffed with carrot, black mushroom, taro and silver noddles wih sweet & sour plum sauce"):

These are absolutely delicious and I've never had anything that tasted quite like them.

Finally, I tried Somtum ("shredded green papaya with tomatoes, green beans, carrots and grounded peanut, servied with chile-lime dressing").



This was pretty, but I couldn't get into it at all. Glad I tried it though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get the Po Piah at Neecha in the city every time. They are so good I could eat a whole order myself (and they give you a LOT at Neecha!)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Fiber said...

Wow - this makes me completely jealous and I wish I had a vegetarian restaurant around me. This meal looks amazing!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home