Google+

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Eggplant with Tofu from La Maison de la Reine


Hmm... I seem to be on an eggplant kick! I purchased several small eggplants at the Farmers Market today, but this very delicious Eggplant with Tofu, came from La Maison de la Reine, a Vietnamese restaurant in Corte Madera Town Center.

I've somehow never been to this restaurant, which now seems a shame as this dish was awfully good. It was marked as "hot & spicy", but I wouldn't have described it this way, so don't be put-off by that. I got this dish to go, but found the host pleasant, helpful, and unusually polite. The restaurant has a crisp, modern decor with excellent lighting from the lengthy wall of windows. The bar looked impressive and was so clean I wondered if it had ever been used.

My friend VK (of Vegan Knitting (and then some)), recently discovered the place and has enjoyed the Vermicelli (only served at lunchtime) and the Vegetarian Crispy Rolls (made with taro root and served with a vinaigrette). I had originally wanted the Vegetarian Pho (Rice Noodle Soup), but was told it was bland with a vegetarian stock. Other tasty looking dishes I plan to try: La Maison Tofu, Special Tofu with Taro Root and Pumpkin, and the Deep Fried Tofu Basil Fried Rice.

And try the Eggplant with Tofu! You won't regret it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks very tasty!

We had the Vermicelli bowls today - mine with just the rolls and B with rolls and crispy tofu. The tofu was not too oily on his but I think I was full enough without it.

I can't wait to try the one with pumpkin!

11:21 PM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, it's like you're talking to ME!
I've never been there either, but Anna (Anna's Cool Finds) likes the place.
OK, eggplant with tofu it is.
:-)

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home