Google+

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Spring Vegetable Bowl



This wonderful Spring Vegetable Bowl is on of my favorite meals this year! Simply fresh vegetables from the Farmers' Market, lightly cooked and served with butter and chives (from the garden).

I steamed the baby carrots, orange cauliflower, and broccoli for 3-4 minutes. I boiled the fava beans for 2 mins and removed the bitter skin. Then chopped fresh onions and green garlic, sauted in kerrygold Irish butter until soft, and added the vegetable and raw English peas. Cooked for a couple of minutes and topped with the snipped chives.

Total heaven!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks very good!

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine - so simple, yet so vibrant and colourful!

6:23 AM  
Blogger winedeb said...

That looks too pretty to eat, but sounds scrumptious!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Dr. Melissa West said...

Looks super healthy. Love the colours. I'm jealous that you have farm fresh produce and chives from your garden already. I can't wait until we catch up here in Canada!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

How pretty! I'll be very ready for a meal like this by the time our farm markets open late in May. I didn't know there was orange cauliflower!

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home