Google+

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rigatoni with Broiled Eggplant, Tomatoes, & Onion


This toothsome rigatoni dish with mouth-watering broiled tomatoes, eggplant, and onion was inspired by our lovely sunny weather.

I remember when a pasta meal for me was simply pasta with sauce (from a jar). What was I thinking? There's so many wonderful blends of sauce, vegetables, and cheese! It's hard to imagine ever running out of ideas.

This recipe was very easy. I sliced and salted the eggplant and let it drain in a colander for 30 minutes (turning halfway). I sliced the tomatoes and onions and laid them out on a foil covered baking tray with the drained eggplant. Brushed the vegetables with a combination of olive oil, freshly minced garlic, and balsamic vinegar and set out under the broiler until lightly browned (I turned the eggplant halfway). I then chopped the vegetables and added them to organic tomato sauce with the cooked rigatoni. I served the pasta, topped with feta. Sweetpea, my 6 year old, (who likes pasta with butter) was intrigued enough by the sights and smells of this dish to ask for some as a second dinner!

Next time, I'll add capers and, if I plan ahead enough, slow-roast the tomatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home