Google+

Monday, March 26, 2007

Kale, Green Garlic, & Canelli Bean Soup


This was a wonderful variation of my Dinosaur Kale & Jalapeno Soup, just in time for our weather change from hot to rainy!

I replaced the jalapenos with two mild thinly sliced green garlic stalks, sauted in olive oil. I kept it souper simple with Trader Joe's Organic Vegetable Broth, some diced baby potatoes, a bunch of torn dinosaur kale (ribs removed), protein-rich canelli beans, and shake or two of crushed red pepper.

Dark, vibrant kale, of course, is a nutritional power house of Vitamins K, A, & C. So this super soup is my contribution to Sweetnick's ARF Tuesday.

Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

Lovely.. I think I need this soup right now..

1:12 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Doesn't get much more nutrient-packed than that!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks fabulous.
I already used up this week's farmers market kale, but I know what I'm making next week.
Thanks for the dinosaur kale tip, btw, it does make a difference.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Chef Jeena said...

Hi there, Great recipe I never make soups but I really love eating them! Nice blog :)


visit jeena's kitchen healthy recipe blog

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home