Google+

Monday, March 19, 2007

Asparagus & Mushroom Quesadillas with Goat Cheese



Inspired by a much more complicated recipe (Quesadilla with Morel Mushrooms, Asparagus, Goat Cheese & Poblano Cream) from Dona Tomas, these quesadillas were a wonderful change of pace and a super recipe for bountiful asparagus!

I sauteed a thinly sliced shallot in canola oil for 3 minutes, with about 1/4 tsp of finely chopped jalapeno.I added a knob of butter and 3 thinly sliced white mushrooms and cooked these for 3-4minutes. I then added 4 stalks of asparagus that had been sliced in half and then on the diagonal. I cooked the asparagus until just tender.

I then heated Food for Life's Sprouted Corn Tortillas (gluten-free!) and added the cooked asparagus mix and sprinkled with crumbled goat cheese.

These quesadillas were light, fresh, and mild; good with salsa or on their own. Variations that would work: add chopped cilantro, use cheddar or feta in place of the goat cheese for more wow, add beans for a protein-packed version. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kajal@aapplemint said...

looks like a very lovely n healthy variation.I'm sure it tastes wonderful specially with the feta.

4:41 AM  
Blogger winedeb said...

Goat cheese and asparagus, I was just thinking this morning which wines I want to pair with some fresh asparagus. What a spring combination ! Looks yummy !

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is making me hungry and it's only 10am! I've recently discovered your blog and love it!

By the way, just because I recently did it for the first time, have you tried making your own corn tortillas? They are *so* easy to do, the corn flour is cheap (and inherently gluten-free), and they taste WORLDS better than any store bought tortillas out there. I think you'd be a convert once you tried it!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

this looks so light and delicious

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home