Google+

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ten Speed Press Cookbooks!






Look what I won!




Yes, I was the lucky Menu of Hope raffle winner of my choice of three cookbooks from Ten Speed Press.

I chose:

Dona Tomas : a beautiful book of Mexican recipes from the restaurant of the same name, located in Oakland, California. Not a vegetarian cookbook, but with plenty of awesome sounding vegetarian recipes like Mexican Pasta with Vegetables & Chile, Quesadilla with Morel Mushrooms, Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Poblano Cream, and Rose Petal Flan. Gosh...and I've been satisfied all this time with a simple cheese quesadilla! I'm looking forward to trying these bolder recipes.

The Artful Vegan: Fresh Flavors from The Millenium Restaurant, the most famous vegan restaurant in the Bay Area. Filled with beautiful photos of some incredible-looking vegan dishes like African Teff Cakes with Fava-Wild Mushroom Wat and Carrot-Chile Chutney, Yellow Finn Potato Gnocchi with Beet-Merlot Reduction, Roasted Beets, and Walnuts, or Mediterranean Five-Lentil and Chard Soup with Walnut Gremolata. My...I think I'm going to have to hire kitchen staff for some of these! These will be challenging, but its good to stretch oneself, right?

Morning Food: by Margaret Fox, the former owner of Cafe Beaujolais in Mendocino. Hubby and I had a romantic dinner there eons ago (read:before we had kids) and the food was wonderful, as was the garden. Anyway, this book is knudging inspiration to achieve one of my 2007 goals: to learn to bake bread. How hard will that be after I've made some of those recipes from The Artful Vegan? This book includes all kinds of breakfast and brunch foods from Stinson Beach Blueberry Muffins to Ole Souffle and Egg & Onion Fried Matzo to Rhubarb-Lemonade Fizz. This book looks to provide the greatest challenge to my waistline!

All these books are really gorgeous! Many thanks to Randy at Ten Speed Press for the kind donation to Menu for Hope and also to The Bunrabs, for arranging this prize.

Ten Speed Press are very cool publishers. They also published one of my latest favorites, The Real Food Daily Cookbook by Ann Gentry. And do you know the other famous foodie whose book is about to be released by Ten Speed? None other than our very own lovely blogger Heidi of 101 Cookbooks. Super Natural Cooking is due out this March!

I'm also adding all these wonderful cookbooks to the Albion Cooks Storeon Amazon.


So, what was for dinner Chez Catherine? A simple fresh thyme and chive omelette, cooked in salty English butter, and a salad. What can I say? It was fabulous!


5 Comments:

Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Happy cooking from your new cookbooks. Wonderful choices!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great cookbooks, lucky girl.

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Happy experimenting!:))

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Catherine - those look like excellent books! Dinner looks lovely too!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home