Google+

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Leek & "Bacon" Pizza


Can you say scrumptious? This awesome pizza with leeks, vegetarian bacon, green olive spread and Gorgonzola was indulgent and utterly amazing!

I used Trader Joe's plain pizza dough and spread it with one of my favorite flavor ingredients, green olive spread (I get mine from Cost Plus $4).

I cooked one big fat leek (chopped) in butter over med. low heat for about 6-8 minutes.

Topped the olive spread with a little grated mozzarella and the leeks. Grated about 2 oz of Gorgonzola over the leeks then topped it with 4 crumbled slices of Morningstar Bacon (vegetarian, but not vegan). Baked on a pizza stone at 450 for 10 minutes.

The blend of all these flavors was just incredible. Hubby just kept repeating, "You've really outdone yourself with this one."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious indeed!:) Looks great too.Enjoy and I might give it a try!My kids are self-proclaimed carnivores though!:)

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pizza! I've never had green olive spread, but I bet I would like it. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that ingredient.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful especiall the hubby "You've really outdone yourself with this one."

5:59 AM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

It does sound fabulous!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

asha - hubby's a carnivore too!

Melissa - if you can't find it, let me know and I'll send you some. It's one of my fav. ingredients now.

Tanna - loved your post!

kalyn - you gotta try it!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

your hubby, although a carnivore, is a lucky man! this looks like one of those dishes that's so good you end up eating the whole thing :)

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home