Google+

Monday, December 11, 2006

Asparagus & Mushroom Pizza


Inspired by this Goat Cheese & Asparagus pizza, this Asparagus & Mushroom pizza uses garlicy mushrooms in place of tomatoes. It was delicious and asparagus really looks and tastes great on pizza!

I used a Trader Joe's plain pizza dough rolled thin and brushed the crust with White Truffle Oil. I sprinkled a light layer of grated mozzarella over the crust. I sauted sliced white mushrooms and some rehydrated dried porcini mushrooms in olive oil with 3 minced garlic cloves and these topped the mozzarella.

The asparagus is cut in half length wise and gently coated with olive oil. It was then added to the pizza uncooked. Goat cheese, pine nuts, and a little more mozzarella on top then baked at 450 for 10 minutes.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

You are the queen of pizza! This one looks fabulous.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, Lydia! I hope I never run out of ideas!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Trader Joe's crusts! They make it so easy to choose pizza. Your recipe looks great! I've been trending more and more vegetarian these days, and your blog is inspiring.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, I don't even like mushrooms but this looks so good! I always love your pizzas!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks extremely tasty!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - white truffle oil, asparagus, and mushrooms? I'm all over this....

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home