Google+

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Salad Days



With hubby away on a trip, I am faced with the freedom of not having to cook a substantial supper. So it's salad all the way on this glorious sunny evening - yep, two salads for dinner.

The first (above) is an heirloom tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad, also know as a caprese salad, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

The second, a simple Caesar salad with crunchy croutons and plenty of grated Parmesan.


So where does the term "salad days" come from?

"My salad days,/ When I was green in judgment, cold in blood."
— Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare



The great thing about salad for dinner is that you still have room for a pretty dessert:



Delicious fresh figs with Mt. Tam Cheese!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely fresh and light meal. I love it all! Including the pink plate with the figs! ;-) It looks like one I have, yet different ;-)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Beautiful, beautiful presentation and photos, Catherine. I especially like your plate of figs and cheese.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a threesome to fall head over heels for! I can see why you follow one with the other. I think that perfect for a little quiet alone.

9:10 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Lovely dinner/dessert..

It's wonderful having some time to just chill and not cook for others.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Being a self proclaimed Word Nerd I was tickled when I found out the real meaning of "Salad Days." So not what I expected! Who am I disagree with Shakespere, but I've never thought of my youth in terms of salad... PB&J, maybe, but salad no.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home