Google+

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Greek Pizza


Alternating slices of juicy yellow and red tomatoes, slivers of red onion, salty black olives, smoky eggplant, and plenty of tangy feta combined flavors and textures to create this luscious Greek Pizza!

And that's basically the recipe! Except I did have a couple of secret ingredients, both by a local Marin Gourmet company, Affi's. Affi's sell their wares at our local farmers markets and better grocery stores. I used both their smoky Eggplant Pesto and Pesto Provence (a roasted pimento pesto) on the base of my Trader's Joe's prebaked pizza crust. Added the veggies as above and some grated mozzarella hold it all together and baked at 450 for 9 minutes.

Abondanza!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Looks very tempting.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Hi Catherine

Awwwww! That looks to die for! Can I come round to your house next time you serve it? Seriously, it looks absolutely lovely

:)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Wow, that looks awesome!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Cyndi said...

Yum. You keep giving me inspiration for pizzas. I made your pear and gorgonzola pizza(s) today; just made a few minor changes. But I gave credit to you and linked back to you, too. I sure wish my husband liked blue cheese!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Dr. Melissa West said...

MMMMMMMMmmmm I *love* pizza. I'm weak at the knees!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yellow and red tomatoes...so good.
Eggplant Pesto and Pesto Provence...what...where'm I going to find that in Dallas. I guess I'm going to have to launch another hunt.
That looks like a really wonderful pizza.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Tanna,

Bella Cucina does an eggplant pesto you can buy online, but its expensive. I think the pesto is simply grillled eggplant with garlic, olive oil, and salt, so it may not be that hard to make your own. I think you could sub a fav. pepper red sauce for the Pesto Provence, as the flavor wasn't so strong.

Thanks to everyone for your comments - glad I could make your mouth water with this one!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Michelle Gilbert, CCA, APAIA, R.SPE.P. said...

Oh goodness gracious!!! I CANNOT read this blog at night like this because I get the munchies so badly!!! This looks divine! Please come to my house and cook for me. This is veg heaven ;-)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home