Google+

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Steamed Tofu & Vegetables with Gorgonzola Sauce



One of my favorite dinners is simply steamed vegetables and tofu over rice with a fabulous sauce. Ce soir, I made Gorgonzola cheese sauce and served it over savoy cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, and tofu- absolutely divine!


Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce:
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1/3 cup milk
2 oz Gorgonzola, grated

Melt the butter in a rounded bottom pan and add the flour. Cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute. Add the milk and stir until the sauce thickens (add a little water if it becomes too thick). Remove from heat and stir in the grated Gorgonzola. Serve immediately!

Two sauces from previous posts: Cheese-Jalapeno and Charmoula

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

As always, I'm bowled over by the elegant simplicity of your recipes. And I long to know how you take such beautiful photos!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Christine - thank you! Simple is so often best! As for the pics, it's really the veggies that just look that good! I use a simple Canon Powershot A95, never use a flash, and use the macro setting. And I take lots of photos, although I would say 60% of the time, I end up using the first photo I took. I have lots to learn but its fun!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home