Google+

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pear & Gorgonzola Pizza


I've seen a number of tasty looking Pear & Blue Cheese pizzas out there recently (28 Cooks & Savoring the Moment), so when I saw some fabulous looking D'Anjou pears, I immediately envisioned a pizza like this:



Thinly sliced pear and lots of Gorgonzola, topped with walnuts!

This pizza was heavenly and we enjoyed it alfresco with a nice glass of Chianti. It was just the right level of richness: fabulous taste, but not overwhelming. A truly satisfying pizza, I managed to stop myself at three slices!

I used Trader Joe's plain pizza dough and covered the dough with a light round of shredded mozzarella. I sliced the pear, squeezed a little lemon juice over it, then arranged it on the pizza. I grated the Gorgonzola directly over the pears, tossed a few walnut pieces on top, and brushed the rim of the dough with olive oil. Ten minutes on the pizza stone at 450 and we were ready to eat!

6 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Ah! We're thinking alike this week: fruit and bread as a savory dish. I love your pizza.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How divine! I think I know what's for dinner tonight and a salad! LovePerfect.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this! So easy , so sophis! I’m interested in the Trader Joes pizza dough – is it any good?

3:34 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi everyone!

This is a winner!

Vanessa - I've had very positive results with the Tj pizza dough although lately I've had some quality issues - little black specs in the dough. I returned some to the store and no explanation was offered. My guess - either herbs were getting mixed into the plain dough or it was mold developing. As with all TJ products, you need to check the sell-by dates very carefully. When I picked up the dough for this pizza, I went through a number of packages that showed the black specs before getting a clean one. That's pretty off-putting. That said, I've had great results generally and you can't beat the $1 price tag.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Mindy T. said...

Who knew pear pizza would strike such a chord? This looks like another great variation. Yum!

http://mindycooks.blogspot.com

12:15 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Looks and sounds divine ...

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home