Google+

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Happy Birthday Sweetpea!


Today is my daughter's birthday and the perfect opportunity to make sweet little cakes for a sweet little girl!

If you're looking for a recipe for sweet little cakes, I highly recommend Sam's Fairy Cake recipe over at Becks & Posh. They are simply light and wonderful! They taste just like the cakes I had as a child.

We used a butter frosting rather than fondant (Sweetpea's choice) and had lots of fun decorating them together. I made full sized fairy cakes, which baked in 19 minutes.

5 Comments:

Blogger K Allrich said...

Sweet and lovely Birthday Wishes for your daughter! And for Mom, too.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Happy Birthday Sweetpea indeed, and I am glad you liked the recipe. It's simple but that's all you need for fairy cakes...

(Jamie Oliver called me 'sweetpea' when I met him. I love the nickname sweetpea)

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Happy belated Birthday to your little sweetpea! Which also happens to be my favourite flower!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweepea!!! (the 't' is intentionally left out cuz that's what Olive and Popeye call their son).

What a pretty photo.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes! It was a very happy (and sweet) day!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home