Google+

Monday, May 15, 2006

Salad with Feta, Blueberries, & Almonds



Wow! Here's a fresh, healthy salad with an unusual combination of ingredients that really works! Blueberries and feta together? I wouldn't have thought of it, but this salad is a wonderful combination of the sweet, the tangy, and the bitter! The variety of textures works too! It was a lovely lunchtime treat for me and would make a great appetizer salad for lunch or dinner guests. The recipe comes from Ann Gillespie and is in the Readers' Quick Recipes section of the April 2006 Bon Appetit. Thanks for sharing, Ann!

I made this in less than five minutes and used whole roasted and salted almonds, while Ann's recipe calls for slivered. I didn't measure anything - so go crazy! It's the clever combination that's key.

Mixed Greens
Olive oil
Red Wine Vinegar
Crumbled Feta
Blueberries
Roasted and salted almonds


Mix all the ingredients together to your own taste and enjoy!

This is my contribution to Sweetnicks ARF/5-A-Day Tuesday (ARF=Antioxidant Rich Food) as blueberries are the top ranked fruit and veg antioxidant!

5 Comments:

Blogger Alanna Kellogg said...

LOVE the idea of blueberry-feta!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent last summer eating Nigella Lawson's Feta, Watermelon, and Black Olive Salad almost non-stop. Now it's going to be a little different this summer... :)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Alanna-weird, but great! I was pleasantly surprised (and I expected to like it!)

Hi Nina - OK...now I'm going to have to try that, however counterintuitive it sounds to me! Thanks.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Wow! Thats inspirational! I love nuts and I love berries ... so thats me sorted for the summer too!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Pille said...

I made a blueberry and feta salad as well, loved it! (See: http://nami-nami.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-quick-blueberry-and-feta-salad-recipe.html).

Will definitely try adding almonds next time!

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home