Google+

Monday, April 17, 2006

Falafel Cookie, Anyone?



Advantages of the falafel cookie:

  • They're baked, not fried so they're lower in fat (I mean, lets face it, your going to put creamy dressing on your falafel anyway)

  • It's flat shape makes a tidier pita bread sandwich

  • You can use it as a base for an elegant dish stacked with rounds of eggplant, zucchini, portobellos etc

  • You can serve it with a salad as you might a round of nut-encrusted goat cheese

  • It's highly transportable and can be eaten alone on the run

  • Your kids are much more likely to try this healthy food if they think its a cookie


  • I used Fantastic Falafel mix. To make falafel cookies, preheat the oven to 375. Instead of frying the falafel, form them into small balls and flatten them onto a greased baking sheet. Brush the tops with a little olive oil and bake for 20 minutes until light brown. Serve as desired.

    6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is so cool! Great idea!

    5:38 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love falafel but frying turns me off. This is a sharp idea I will absolutely try! Thanks.

    6:12 AM  
    Blogger Catherine said...

    Hi Tanna,

    I agree - anything that needs to be fried in a lot of oil is an immediate turn off for me too.

    8:42 AM  
    Blogger Diane Daniel said...

    VERY cool recipe! My husband loves falafel & I've always been hesitant about making it because of the frying... hmm wonder how they'll make out in the toaster oven that is my bizarre kitchen's version of an oven :) Thanks for such a wonderful idea!

    10:17 AM  
    Blogger Dianne said...

    Excellent idea, I wish I'd thought of this myself! I'm trying it out this afternoon, then I'm going to build a greek style starter around it!

    Guess thats the whole ethos of blogging!

    6:51 AM  
    Blogger Catherine said...

    Welcome Dianne - I hope you'll post that starter!

    8:34 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home