Google+

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Boca Meatless Lasagna Reviewed



This vegetarian frozen lasagna meal from Boca was tasty. I was a little put-off when I took it out of the microwave as lots of little holes had appeared in the sauce and I thought I had overcooked it. Happily, this look disappeared completely when I put it on the plate. The lasagna is described as having a "chunky tomato and herb sauce with BOCA ground burger". I don't think most would consider the tomatoes chunky in this prepared dish, but the tomato sauce was good and had a fresh herb taste and lots of ground pepper that tasted as if I had just added it myself. The boca ground burger in the sauce had an excellent ground meat texture and meaty taste -enough to make a veggie check the package. The pasta was pretty minimal, but had a good taste and texture. The ricotta filling looked a little strange, it was white but had a translucence that made me think of paste. But it had clearly visible green herbs in it and actually tasted pretty good. The main focus and strength of the dish was the BOCA burger in tomato herb sauce .

This lasagna dish has 290 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 21 grams of protein. It cost me about $4.50 and took 8 minutes to prepare. I'd definitely try this one again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home