Google+

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Matzo Lasagna


There's nothing quite like the cheesy decadence of a lasagna!

Filled with ricotta cheese, spinach, mozzarella, Parmesan, tomato sauce, garlic and fresh oregano and.....

In this case, Matzo!

Yes, this is a Matzo Lasagna, a hearty Passover dish I learned to make many years ago.

The key trick is to soak the matzo in warm water, so it's not too dry and crumbly. Otherwise, you could follow any vegetarian lasagna dish and simply substitute soaked matzo for the pasta.

A good passover to all.

Post script: I made this for others and it was a hit! Happily, they sent me back a piece to try. It was really moist (none of that cracker texture) and delicious.

4 Comments:

Blogger A_and_N said...

Interesting variation Catherine. I guess Matzo also offers a low-calorie alternative to regular pasta

5:11 AM  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

oh this looks like fun!

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! I do this every year, but without the tomato sauce. Yours looks yummy!!

11:54 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Happy Passover to you!

I wish I had known of this recipe years ago..

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home