Google+

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Green Salad with Edamame, Snap Peas, Olives, Macademia Nuts & Feta


I know ... it's January and it's cold and misty outside. But, one of my New Year's resolutions is to be true to myself, however incongruous I may be.

I have to admit, earlier in the day I was thinking of pasta with chickpeas, dino kale, and lots of garlic. Clearly, today, my body was screaming for greenery. But, at the end of the day, it was this HUGE green salad that realy appealed.

I included lots of my favorite things: edamame, salty kalamata olives, crispy snap peas,rich macademia nuts, feta cheese, and lots of romaine with a mustardy vinaigrette.

I think it has a lovely, wintery look, don't you? With a gifted jammy shiraz, it was delectable.

The only downside: no leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Threadspider said...

Mmmm-delicious. That's my lunch sorted out. Just off to the farm shop to buy some good salad leaves.

11:44 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Oh, it looks so good. I love the combinations of flavors.... and colors.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

You always have such great combinations! On the vegetarian track mostly now, I'm turning more to your entries for inspiration!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks to you all! This one is just so easy and healthful and has a nice variety. I could eat this several times a week.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home