Google+

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Eggplant Quesadilla with Feta, Jalapeno, & Salsa


I'm really in love with Food for Life's Sprouted Corn tortillas!

Now Spring is here, I'm into lighter fare and this quesadilla with eggplant, jalapeno, and salsa topped with feta cheese hit the spot for a tasty supper!

I sauted the salted and drained eggplant rounds in olive oil with minced garlic. I'm really opening up to eggplant and this garlicy version was so good with the salsa and feta cheese. The jalapenos added a kick, but I think olives would also have been awesome here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Eggplant and feta are an awesome combination. I'm thinking that I still have some slow-roasted tomatoes (done with garlic and thyme) in my freezer from last summer, and adding a couple into this dish might be a good twist, too.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Amy Sherman said...

Quesadillas? We are on the same wave length! I like the combo. I bet a drizzle of balsamic vinegar instead of salsa would make an interesting version.

8:54 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

yum!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Dr. Melissa West said...

Love the lighter spring food!

5:49 PM  
Blogger winedeb said...

These look soo good. I hope I can find these tortillas in Key West. Now I have a new mission ! If you like wines, I will leave a few good ones on a comment for ya so you can try with your Spring fare!
Or hop over to my site for something that might tempt your taste bud!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Jeena: welcome and thanks!

Lydia - slow-roasted tomatoes sound wonderful!

Amy - I agree. Great idea!

Melody & Meslissa - thanks!

Winedeb - love wine, education needed!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home